People First – The Cure for “Business as Usual”
People First: Achieving Balance in an Unbalanced World gives massive illumination for every person who truly wants to make a difference in people’s lives. It is a transformational 5-step philosophy told in a story format that will equip you with little known secrets for achieving balance in an unbalanced world.
The People First Effect is a business fable about CEO Dan Burton.
A Call for Help bering up properly, and for a moment his eyes meet Dan’s. Sifu’s face lights with a warm smile, and he nods a greeting. Dan smiles back, and suddenly a thought comes to him: Why don’t you ask Sifu to give you some advice about your problem? Dan is startled at the idea. Oh, come on, get real, he tells himself. I’m the CEO of a multi-million dollar firm, and Sifu just teaches Kung Fu—the internal argument dies abruptly. Dan nods to himself as he quickly acknowledges that Sifu is more than “just” a teacher. His school—Sifu calls it a kwoon, Chinese for “school” or “training room”—is a massive success by anyone’s standards. Sifu has earned international recognition as a Grandmaster—an undefeated world champion in international sparring and forms competitions. He is, quite simply, one of the most accomplished practitioners of Walu Kung Fu in the world.
Start today to use these amazing simple steps to build your life, your work associates, and all your family. You really can achieve a life / work balance – a quick-read story with profound possibilities.
I wholeheartedly endorse your philosophy of honoring, valuing, and celebrating the human spirit as the new economics of the 21st century ... People First is a clarion call to bring the world back to what truly makes every nation wealthy, which is building lives and passing on an enduring legacy of truth in all things, wisdom in all things, and excellence in all things. Jack, until we get your People First message, we are doomed to living impoverished lives, both morally and financially.
- It was well written and had a very nice story with a happy ending. (I had tears in my eyes at the end.)
- It was easy reading.
- It WILL help a lot of people, not only in their jobs but also at home in the family.
- The People First philosophy will catch on like wildfire. (It will be like Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends.)
- The book will be bought by management and given to employees … oops … purpose partners.
- Trainers all over the world WILL “steal” and start using “the Pyramid of People Power” by Jack Lannom in their trainings, like “Maslow’s pyramid.” (In fact, Jack, I have already used your pyramid in Norwegian in some of my seminars. I received it some time back in an e-mail newsletter from someone in the USA, and I did not know that you were the one who created it).
Jack, your book will be a fantastic success, I am sure about it and I am proud to know you, and even better, work with you in coming years.
I have no doubt it will become a classic in the realm of Who Moved My Cheese?, Leadership and Self-Deception, and The Greatest Salesman In the World.